A complicated love triangle was cited as the reason for the arrest of a female communist guerrilla who was exposed by her husband’s new girlfriend on Wednesday in Tagum City, Davao del Norte.
The new girlfriend was also a former rebel.
2Lt. Kim Carlos, the Civil-Military Operation (CMO) officer of 71st Infantry Battalion, identified her as Merlyn C. Escasinas, 35, also known as Venus, a full-time NPA member of Guerrilla Front 2 (WGF2).
Carlos said Escasinas has a standing warrant of arrest for serious illegal detention in 2014. The warrant was issued by 11th Judicial Region, RTC Branch 3, Nabunturan, Compostela Valley.
“Venus is the legal wife of NPA commander Jury Escasinas alias Jupiter who rules the Milisya ng Bayan Cluster Command (MBCC) of WGF2,” he added.
She was apprehended in front of Davao Regional Medical Center in Tagum City, Davao del Norte after Chang, her husband’s live-in-partner, divulged her whereabouts to the 71st Infantry Battalion.
Chang surrendered to Lt. Col. Esteveyn Ducusin, the commanding officer of 71st IB, on Nov. 2 this year.
She claimed that she wanted to live a normal life after giving birth last Oct. 30 in the Davao Regional Medical Center. Her hospitalization expenses were shouldered by the battalion. The former amazon would be enrolled in the Enhanced-Comprehensive Local Integration Program of the government.
As a token of her gratitude, Chang told the soldiers where Venus and her new partner, Mar, are staying.
Venus and Jupiter, who have three children, parted ways when Chang got into the picture in 2014.
Chang and Jupiter have two children of their own.
“We will continue to carry out similar tasks of enforcing the law of the land in our area of operation,” Ducusin said.
Alongside Venus, her brother Melvin Parenas, 44, was also apprehended pursuant to his standing warrant of arrest for obstruction of justice.
He had earlier helped his brother-in-law Jupiter escape arrest.
- MG Mall Of Asia joins MG Philippines’ Nationwide Dealership Network, and is the first MG Dealership to feature a unique MG “Carffé” Coffee Shop
- EGALITARIAN | Catching up with our neighbors
- CHEMICAL SPILL | Public warned vs. water activities at Davao River until declared safe
- Kadayawan 3D light show at City Hall starts on Aug. 5
- Ex-DA chief Piñol calls for NFA revival to promote PH banana
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Family album
- ROUGH CUTS | Our hat off the CHO
- SEC cancels Flying Bear’s lending license, registration
- City readies aid to quake victims
- LGU, DOH link to enhance campaign on family planning