A New People’s Army rebel was killed in a clash in the hinterlands of Sitio San Jose, Barangay Durian, Las Nieves, Agusan Del Norte at 8:05 a.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 4.
Meanwhile, several high-powered firearms, food supplies, medicines, and subversive documents were recovered by troops of the 23rd Infantry Battalion. The community declared the New People’s Army persona non grata in September 2019, led the AFP troops in their hideout
Lt. Col. Ezra Balagtey, the spokesperson of Eastern Mindanao command, said the soldiers of 23rd Infantry Battalion engaged the rebels in a 15-minute firefight.
Balagtey said soldiers recovered one AK-47 rifle, two M16 rifles, four laptops, one generator, 21 backpacks, two sacks of rice, food supplies, medicines, subversive documents, and other personal belongings.
The recovered body of the NPA was already turned over to the barangay council of Durian for identification and proper disposition.
The same group was encountered by the 23rd IB on Nov. 30, in Sitio Salvacion, Barangay Manila de Bugabos, Butuan City wherein two AK-47 rifles, one M16A1 rifle, one M16A1-RMC rifle, five civilian backpacks, subversive documents, and other personal belongings were recovered along with the body of a 16-year-old fighter.
“You have been warned by no less than the communities who do not want your presence in their area,” Lt. Gen Felimon T. Santos Jr., commander of Eastern Mindanao Command, warned the NPA. “We will be relentless in our combat operations to run after those who continue to embrace the violent armed struggle and we will use all legal means to go after you.”
- Discover new tech trends and the new retail at the Stores Asia Expo 2022
- 10th ID donates aircons to seniors
- `Disgraceful version’ Sara lambastes Walden Bello for `blaming’ her for libel case
- Man missing as floods hit city, bares CDRRMO
- Thai, 14 others to judge `Indak-indak’, says organizer
- Councilors acknowledge Times’ role in shaping Davao’s history
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Davao Light and Poer Co., Inc. Service disruptions on August 11, 12, and 13 in different areas of Davao City
- ROUGH CUTS | One light moment with the late FVR
- OFFICIAL | Number of enrollees seen to surpass number last year