The Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) is not recommending the suspension of military operations (SOMO) against the Communist rebels this yuletide season.
In a text message, AFP Chief of Staff Gen. Noel Clement said past experiences show that the New People’s Army (NPA) continued with its criminal activities despite the truce.
While vowing to continue operations against the rebels, Clement also assure they will pursue their community outreach programs.
“We foresee a very peaceful and more united Christmas,” he said.
Lt. Col. Ezra Balagtey, the spokesperson of the AFP’s Eastern Mindanao Command, also said that the security operations of the different military units in the ground will continue.
Last year, the government did not reciprocate the unilateral ceasefire issued by the Communist group.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success