Five fully grown marijuana plants were uprooted on Tuesday in Barangay Tagurano, Toril District.
Lt. Col. Jed Clamor, the Toril Police Station commander, on Tuesday served the warrant of arrest against Sherwin Taberin Manayon with Criminal Case Number 57357-05 for violation of Art. 2 of RA 9165 issued by Judge Romeo C. Albarracin of Branch 9 Regional Trial Court XI.
At 5:30 a.m., Clamor said the team was joined by the punong barangay of Tagurano and Sgt. Abel of the 3rd Infantry Battalion in the said operation.
“Upon approaching the place where the target person was residing, the team saw the target person cultivating plants,” he said. The suspect sensed the presence of the operating team and fled toward the forested area.
“The operating team pursued but subject person was able to evade due to his familiarity with the terrain,” he added.
The team seized the five marijuana plants from the lot owned by the suspect. The recovered evidence will be turned over to the Regional Crime Laboratory XI for laboratory examination and proper disposition.
- ROUGH CUTS | Bongbong-Sara tandem? Signs are unmistakable
- DMCI Homes rolls out tech upgrades for Verdon Parc project
- Ford Philippines sustains solid retail performance With 57 percent growth
- Army, Royal Brunei Armed Forces sign TOR on defense cooperation
- EO 59 bans drinking in public places
- Davao City discontinues use of face shields onboard PUJs
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Army accepting applicants to fill quota for 1,050 officers
- PSC supports ASEAN plan to add more Olympic events in SEAG
- NCCA winds down IP month