Five fully grown marijuana plants were uprooted on Tuesday in Barangay Tagurano, Toril District.
Lt. Col. Jed Clamor, the Toril Police Station commander, on Tuesday served the warrant of arrest against Sherwin Taberin Manayon with Criminal Case Number 57357-05 for violation of Art. 2 of RA 9165 issued by Judge Romeo C. Albarracin of Branch 9 Regional Trial Court XI.
At 5:30 a.m., Clamor said the team was joined by the punong barangay of Tagurano and Sgt. Abel of the 3rd Infantry Battalion in the said operation.
“Upon approaching the place where the target person was residing, the team saw the target person cultivating plants,” he said. The suspect sensed the presence of the operating team and fled toward the forested area.
“The operating team pursued but subject person was able to evade due to his familiarity with the terrain,” he added.
The team seized the five marijuana plants from the lot owned by the suspect. The recovered evidence will be turned over to the Regional Crime Laboratory XI for laboratory examination and proper disposition.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories