The Epicurious Gastropub started in 2017 as a restaurant and bar serving fusion fares along Padre Gomez Street. On the same year, it gave birth to humble a barbecue stall called BQQ Nation.
“My parents are good cooks. The way they work at the kitchen and how they make everything from scratch is very inspiring,” said Alexes Flores Cruz, who runs the business with husband Allan.
The couple came up with the name to showcase various barbecue flavors they offer – in chicken oil, blackened sauce, sweet and spicy, and spicy sauces. BBQ is actually their acronym for “Blackened, Basted and Skew(q)ered”. According to Cruz, they’re set to launch new flavors early next year.
To date, BBQ Nation has 3 branches: SM Lanang, DCLA, and recently, Abreeza, plus 2 more in the offing for 2020. The Epicurious Gastropub will also undergo makeover next year.
“We just want to give our clients a taste of a hit from home – since barbecue has always been big in Davao – with twist of diverse flavors,” Cruz said.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021