At least P60 million worth of weapons, vehicles, and gear were turned over by Camp Crame to the regional headquarters during a brief ceremony in Camp Quintin Merecido, Barangay Catitipan, Buhangin District.
Brig. Gen. Filmore Escobal, Police Regional Office XI director, led the turnover and blessing of two units rotary blade/ propelled wing unmanned aerial vehicle; one unit Hino truck given to Regional Mobile Force Battalion; 18 XRM Honda motorcycle to the police provincial offices; 644 units of enhanced combat helmet (level III).
Also turned over were 195 undershirt vest; 168 tactical vests; 20 units of 5.56 MM basic assault rifles (BAR Galil Ace22N with 7,200 basic loads); 140 magazines; 20 pieces forward grip; 20 pieces cleaning kit; 5.56 squad automatic weapons; 126 Tisas pistols; 6,300 and 15,000 rounds of .9mm mag tech; 460 magazines for M16; and 408 magazines for M14.
In an interview yesterday at the sidelines of the activity, Escobal said the equipment will help police officers perform their duty to preserve the peace in the community.
“This will boost the productivity of policemen in terms of services we provide, ” Escobal said.
Also, he said field investigators’ kits were distributed to the different police stations to help them solve crimes.
Make it simple
Meanwhile, Escobal asked station commanders to refrain from wasting money on extravagant Christmas parties.
“Just commemorate the birth of Jesus Christ,” He said.
Col. Kirby John Kraft, Davao City Police Office director, said they planned to have a simple get-together as most of the money they will raise will be donated to the earthquake victims in Magsaysay town, Davao del Sur.
“We do not stop our station commanders to conduct their own Christmas parties at their respective stations as long as it will not hamper the delivery of service to the community, ” Kraft said.
However, in the DCPO, he said they will only have a “simple lunch.”
- ROUGH CUTS | Bongbong-Sara tandem? Signs are unmistakable
- DMCI Homes rolls out tech upgrades for Verdon Parc project
- Ford Philippines sustains solid retail performance With 57 percent growth
- Army, Royal Brunei Armed Forces sign TOR on defense cooperation
- EO 59 bans drinking in public places
- Davao City discontinues use of face shields onboard PUJs
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Army accepting applicants to fill quota for 1,050 officers
- PSC supports ASEAN plan to add more Olympic events in SEAG
- NCCA winds down IP month