Pasay City – Karatekas Sonny Montalvo along witih Juna Tsukii take centerstage on December 7 as the 30th Southeast Asian Games (SEA Games) karatedo competitions unfolds at the World Trade Center.
The multi-titled Montalvo will see action in the men’s individual -55kg kumite while Tsukii is set to show her wares in the women’s individual -50kg division. Also competing on opening day are Sarah Pangilinan and Joco Vazquez in respective kata competitions.
Local bet Rexor Tacay will also see action in the men individual -67kg kumite.
Other members for team Philippines include Jason Macaalay (men’s individual kumite -60kg), Ivan Agustin (men’s individual kumite -75kg), Sarief Afif (men’s individual kumite +75kg), Adam Bondoc (men’s team kata), Mark Manantan (men’s team kata), Mae Soriano (women’s individual kumite -55kg), Joane Orbon (women’s individual kumite -61kg), Jamie Lim (women’s individual kumite +61kg), Rica Torres (women’s team kata), Nicole Dantes (women’s team kata) and Nadene Flores (women’s team kata).
Coaching the RP squad for kumite events are Okay Arpa from Turkey and Junel Perania while for kata are Chino Veguillas and Rhodee Saavedra.
Thirteen gold medals are at stake in the competition.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories