Pasay City – Karate Pilipinas Federation region XI director Rommel Tan has high hopes for the RP karatedo team when it sees action in the ongoing 30th Southeast Asian Games here at the World Trade Center this December 7.
“Lock and load. We are ready to add more medals for the country overall tally plus to be the overall champion in karatedo,” Tan said in an interview.
Tan who is also Davao City’s Association for the Advancement of Karatedo (AAK) chief instructor will come at hand on the Games as the NTO supervisor along with local boys Teodoro Belisario as training area supervisor and Cris Campomanes as FOP supervisor. They will be joined by Ariel Naputol and Jerson Tamayo who will be as FOP Associates.
Local bet Rexor Tacay will head the city’s hopes for a gold medal finish as he competes in the men’s individual kumite (-67kg) to be joined by the cast of Sonny Montalvo (men’s individual kumite -55kg), Jason Macaalay (men’s individual kumite -60kg), Ivan Agustin (men’s individual kumite -75kg), Sarief Afif (men’s individual kumite +75kg), Joco Vasquez (men’s individual and team kata), Adam Bondoc (men’s team kata), Mark Manantan (men’s team kata), Juna Tsukii (women’s individual kumite -50kg), Mae Soriano (women’s individual kumite -55kg), Joane Orbon (women’s individual kumite -61kg), Jamie Lim (women’s individual kumite +61kg), Sarang Pangilinan (individual kata), Rica Torres (women’s team kata), Nicole Dantes (women’s team kata) and Nadene Flores (women’s team kata).
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat