The slain rebel during the encounter between the New People’s Army and elements of 23rd Infantry Battalion (IB) last Nov. 30 was properly identified as a 16-year-old minor.
Lt. Col. Ezra Balagtey, the spokesperson of Eastern Mindanao Command, said Litboy Talja Binongcasan, resident of Sitio Shiohan, Barangay Malinao, Gingoog City, was properly identified by his brother who went to the site in Purok 6, Sitio Sta. Cruz, Brgy. Manila de Bugabus, Butuan City, on Dec. 2.
Binongcasan was a grade six pupil of Sitio Sioan Elementary School in Barangay Malinao, Gingoog City, when he went missing sometime February 2019.
He was killed during an encounter with government troops in Sitio Salvacion, Barangay Manila de Bugabos, Butuan City. Soldiers also recovered two AK-47 rifles, one M16A1 rifle, one M16A1-RMC rifle, five civilian backpacks, subversive documents, and other personal belongings at the encounter site.
Meanwhile, Lt. Gen. Felimon T. Santos Jr., commander Eastern Mindanao Command, condoled with the family of the minor.
“We are saddened with the fate of Litboy. His case is a clear violation of children’s rights. He was deceptively recruited for the ideology he does not even understand,” Santos said. “This act is being condemned in the highest form.”
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success