An NPA commander surrendered in Balatukan Complex, Balingasag, Misamis Oriental On Saturday, Nov. 30.
Lt. Col. Ezra Balagtey, the spokesperson of Eastern Mindanao Command, identified him as alias Lakay, a former squad leader of the New People’s Armybeing who operates in Misamis Oriental. He revealed to the 58th Infantry Battalion (IB) an arms cache in Balatukan Complex, Balingasag.
Balagtey said stashed in the arms cache are two M16 rifles and two AK 47 rifles, all belonging to the squad he previously led.
Accordingly, Lakay first surrendered to Barangay Captain Claresa E. Bacullo of Barangay Linabu, Claveria, Misamis Oriental on Nov. 28, 2019 bringing along with him his firearm, an AK47 rifle.
Lt. Gen. Felimon T. Santos Jr., commander of the Eastern Mindanao Command, welcomes the continuing surrender of the NPA.
“We are confident that our efforts of reaching out to the members of the CTG (communist terrorist group) is continuously gaining ground,” he said. “It is expected that CTGs will be stashing their firearms for what is firearms without personnel?”
Meanwhile, the barangay councils of San Isidro, Tudela, and Manat, all of Trento, Agusan Del Sur, coordinated with the 75th Infantry Battalion to facilitate the surrender of 23 Militia ng Bayan members, and the withdrawal of support of 160 members of the Underground Mass Organization (Ugmo) on Nov. 29, 2019.
From Jan. 1 to Nov. 30, 2019, a total of 696 NPA regulars surrendered to the authorities. For the same period, 1,050 Militia ng Bayan and 4,402 Ugmo members have severed with the Communist Party of the Philippines. The surrenderees have brought with them a total of 689 firearms of various calibers.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success