An NPA commander surrendered in Balatukan Complex, Balingasag, Misamis Oriental On Saturday, Nov. 30.
Lt. Col. Ezra Balagtey, the spokesperson of Eastern Mindanao Command, identified him as alias Lakay, a former squad leader of the New People’s Armybeing who operates in Misamis Oriental. He revealed to the 58th Infantry Battalion (IB) an arms cache in Balatukan Complex, Balingasag.
Balagtey said stashed in the arms cache are two M16 rifles and two AK 47 rifles, all belonging to the squad he previously led.
Accordingly, Lakay first surrendered to Barangay Captain Claresa E. Bacullo of Barangay Linabu, Claveria, Misamis Oriental on Nov. 28, 2019 bringing along with him his firearm, an AK47 rifle.
Lt. Gen. Felimon T. Santos Jr., commander of the Eastern Mindanao Command, welcomes the continuing surrender of the NPA.
“We are confident that our efforts of reaching out to the members of the CTG (communist terrorist group) is continuously gaining ground,” he said. “It is expected that CTGs will be stashing their firearms for what is firearms without personnel?”
Meanwhile, the barangay councils of San Isidro, Tudela, and Manat, all of Trento, Agusan Del Sur, coordinated with the 75th Infantry Battalion to facilitate the surrender of 23 Militia ng Bayan members, and the withdrawal of support of 160 members of the Underground Mass Organization (Ugmo) on Nov. 29, 2019.
From Jan. 1 to Nov. 30, 2019, a total of 696 NPA regulars surrendered to the authorities. For the same period, 1,050 Militia ng Bayan and 4,402 Ugmo members have severed with the Communist Party of the Philippines. The surrenderees have brought with them a total of 689 firearms of various calibers.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021