An NPA commander surrendered in Balatukan Complex, Balingasag, Misamis Oriental On Saturday, Nov. 30.
Lt. Col. Ezra Balagtey, the spokesperson of Eastern Mindanao Command, identified him as alias Lakay, a former squad leader of the New People’s Armybeing who operates in Misamis Oriental. He revealed to the 58th Infantry Battalion (IB) an arms cache in Balatukan Complex, Balingasag.
Balagtey said stashed in the arms cache are two M16 rifles and two AK 47 rifles, all belonging to the squad he previously led.
Accordingly, Lakay first surrendered to Barangay Captain Claresa E. Bacullo of Barangay Linabu, Claveria, Misamis Oriental on Nov. 28, 2019 bringing along with him his firearm, an AK47 rifle.
Lt. Gen. Felimon T. Santos Jr., commander of the Eastern Mindanao Command, welcomes the continuing surrender of the NPA.
“We are confident that our efforts of reaching out to the members of the CTG (communist terrorist group) is continuously gaining ground,” he said. “It is expected that CTGs will be stashing their firearms for what is firearms without personnel?”
Meanwhile, the barangay councils of San Isidro, Tudela, and Manat, all of Trento, Agusan Del Sur, coordinated with the 75th Infantry Battalion to facilitate the surrender of 23 Militia ng Bayan members, and the withdrawal of support of 160 members of the Underground Mass Organization (Ugmo) on Nov. 29, 2019.
From Jan. 1 to Nov. 30, 2019, a total of 696 NPA regulars surrendered to the authorities. For the same period, 1,050 Militia ng Bayan and 4,402 Ugmo members have severed with the Communist Party of the Philippines. The surrenderees have brought with them a total of 689 firearms of various calibers.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1