LT. GEN. Felimon T. Santos Jr., commander of the Eastern Mindanao Command, led the launch of the Internally-Displaced Persons Center project in Sitio San Nicolas, Barangay San Vicente, Makilala, North Cotabato on Nov. 29, 2019.
The center is designed to help the affected communities in their early recovery from the damage and trauma wrought by the series of strong earthquakes. The center initially targeted the families of Barangay Bato.
The EastMinCom is working with the local government unit of Makilala to ensure the success of the project.
Lt. Col. Ezra Balagtey, the EastMinCom spokesperson, said they will initially build 120 temporary shelters. The construction will be led by the 10th Infantry Division, 534th Engineer Battalion, and 901st Infantry Brigade. The shelters will be constructed on the lot donated by the Makilala LGU in Sitio San Nicolas, Barangay San Vicente.
Each temporary shelter will cost P57,000, and will be shouldered by the Philippine Army. The total amount of P9 million was donated by the soldiers through their subsistence allowance.
Meanwhile, the EastMinCom Multi-Sectoral Governance Council (EMC-MSGC), chaired by Sebastian Angliongto, will integrate its Luwas Linog Project with the center. The council will sponsor the construction expenses for 20 core shelters, two communal male and female toilet cubicles, two sets of communal female and male bathrooms, and two sets of communal kitchens.
“We are thankful to the Philippine Army personnel deployed all over the country for sharing a part of their subsistence allowance to help the communities most devastated by the earthquake in North Cotabato in their early recovery,” Santos said. “Appreciation is likewise due to the EMC-MSGC for the recommendation of the project and the sponsorship.”
The launch was attended by Maj. Gen. Jose Faustino Jr., commander of the 10th ID; Col. Gabriel C. Viray III, commander 901st Bde; congressman Rudy Caoagdan; board member Onofre Respicio; Mayor Armando Quibod of Makilala; Angliongto and Susan Palad, both of EMC-MSGC
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success