The City Transport and Traffic Management Office (CTTMO) has started putting bike racks in the city as part of the implementation of pay parking zones next year.
“This is for the convenient of cyclists. They can go to places with the assurance that their bikes will be secured,” CTTMO head Dionisio Abude said.
These bicycle racks will be placed in seven identified parking zone streets – San Pedro, Iñigo, Villa Abrille, Illustre, Pelayo, Duterte and Montevista. Each corner will have six slots to safeguard bicycles.
“In those slots, they can lock up and secure their bikes so that when they go back, their bikes will still be there, guarded,” he said.
The parking fee for bicycles would cost P2 for the first two hours and an additional of P1 for the succeeding hours.
“With this cheaper parking fee compared to the P20 for four-wheeled light vehicles, riders may be encouraged to use bikes instead of bringing their vehicles,” he said.
Signs will be provided for the drivers to determine where the bike racks are located.
Part of the implementation of the pay parking zones will include fee for motorcycles that costs P5 for the first two hours and an additional of P2 for the succeeding hours.
Parking rate for trucks and buses costs P100 for the first two hours and an additional P20 for the succeeding hours.
The CTTMO also said that pay parking shall start from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. from Monday to Saturday.
Meanwhile, Abude said parking in Bolton Street is prohibited tomorrow for the observance of the Bonifacio Day.
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?