The city will deploy 80 parking enforcers for the implementation of the Public Pay Parking Zone starting Jan. 2.
City Transport and Traffic Management Office (CTTMO) chief Dionisio Abude said enforcers will undergo examination and training before they will be deployed.
This will prepare the enforcers for the job so “they know the proper ethics to avoid unnecessary acts like corrupting fees,” Abude said during yesterday’s i-Speak Media forum at the City Hall.
Together with personnel from the City Treasurer’s Office, these public pay parking enforcers will be manning the identified parking zones to issue a pay park order payment and a receipt.
For the four-wheeled vehicles, they will be charged P20 for the first two hours and an additional of P10 for the succeeding hours.
“This (pay parking zone) is to be implemented so that people who wanted to park in the identified areas may be given a chance one after another,” he said, adding that the measure has a valid city ordinance.
He admitted that the initial 15 pay parking zones were trimmed down to seven streets due to the insufficient budget of the city government.
“The city government cannot allocate yet the proposed budget for the full implementation of the pay parking zones, that’s why we trimmed them down to seven streets,” Abude said.
Identified streets are San Pedro, Ilustre, Pelayo, Iñigo, Villa Abrille, Duterte and Monteverde.
“This December, we aim to disseminate the information to the mass so that they will be aware,” he said.
The full implementation of the pay parking zones will start on Jan. 2, 2020.
- Duterte limits use of face shields to ‘closed, crowded’ areas
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- World Vision launches this year’s #GirlsCan movement to empower and support Filipino girls
- ALS Unit formed
- ROUGH CUTS | Longing for sustainable change?
- OFFICIAL | Digital vax certificates needed vs bogus cards
- Quiboloy threatens to run for president if…
- SEC launches 1-day online firm registration
- Davao Light acquires Safety Seal Certification
- Celebrate chocolate with SM Snack Exchange