A South Korean company is planning to set up a medical and cosmetic business in the city.
Jimmy Jong Woo Kim, Zishel Group chief executive officer, said that the city is a good location to set up their business because it has continued to grow as an investment destination.
On Tuesday, the company launched its products at the Marco Polo Davao Hotel, its first time to introduce these products to the Philippine market.
“We see Philippines as a propitious location to start up a business especially in Davao City,” said Kim, adding that the company chose the city over other areas of the country are facing problems, like traffic congestion.
Zishel group is a South Korea-based company whose expertise is in medical and aesthetics. It also runs a research and development division, marketing and distribution units for plastic, reconstruction and aesthetics to include mesh suspension implants, dermal fillers, medical cosmetics, consumer cosmetics, toxins and perfumery.
“We wanted some products to be very innovative, so we try to come up with products that are patented. Every intellectual property rights is registered on many countries,” he said, pointing out that the company wants to create unique cosmetics products in the country for its market.
“We try, as much as possible, to be innovative and unique,” he added as he identified one product being the EstherAction, a best-selling high-end cosmetics.
He said the company also wants to educate the people on cosmetics, as this is part of the reasons why it wanted to set up operations in the country.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1