A South Korean company is planning to set up a medical and cosmetic business in the city.
Jimmy Jong Woo Kim, Zishel Group chief executive officer, said that the city is a good location to set up their business because it has continued to grow as an investment destination.
On Tuesday, the company launched its products at the Marco Polo Davao Hotel, its first time to introduce these products to the Philippine market.
“We see Philippines as a propitious location to start up a business especially in Davao City,” said Kim, adding that the company chose the city over other areas of the country are facing problems, like traffic congestion.
Zishel group is a South Korea-based company whose expertise is in medical and aesthetics. It also runs a research and development division, marketing and distribution units for plastic, reconstruction and aesthetics to include mesh suspension implants, dermal fillers, medical cosmetics, consumer cosmetics, toxins and perfumery.
“We wanted some products to be very innovative, so we try to come up with products that are patented. Every intellectual property rights is registered on many countries,” he said, pointing out that the company wants to create unique cosmetics products in the country for its market.
“We try, as much as possible, to be innovative and unique,” he added as he identified one product being the EstherAction, a best-selling high-end cosmetics.
He said the company also wants to educate the people on cosmetics, as this is part of the reasons why it wanted to set up operations in the country.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories