As promised, the Philippine Sports Commission (PSC) made sure that the newly restored Rizal Memorial Sports Complex (RMSC) and PhilSports Complex in Pasig City will be part of this year’s historic event in Philippine Sports.
Seven out of 56 sports for the country’s hosting of the 30th Southeast Asian Games will be played at the refurbished and levelled-up facilities in RMSC and PhilSports.
The renovation of these Complexes were made possible by the donation amounting to P842-million given by the Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation (PAGCOR) and not part of the SEA Games budget.
“This is a sporting heritage that will always remind us of the hardships, failures and victories of every Filipino athlete.” said Team Philippines Chef de Mission and PSC Chairman William Ramirez.
Last Monday, the men’s football competitions kicked off at the newly restored RMSC Football Pitch, five days ahead of the SEA Games opening ceremonies which will happen on Saturday, November 30 at the Philippine Arena in Bocaue, Bulacan.
The 6000-seater Ninoy Aquino Stadium which initially hosted the Team Philippines Send-Off ng Bayan last November 13, will be the playing venue for weightlifting and taekwondo competitions.
The Rizal Memorial Coliseum is also now ready to welcome guests for gymnastics event after its full renovation that started last July.
RMSC Tennis Courts will host the lawn tennis and soft tennis competitions while the indoor volleyball actions will take place at the newly improved Multi-Purpose Arena in PhilSports.
“These restored facilities are not only for SEA Games but for Team Philippines so they can have a morale boosting inspiration that will eventually result to a levelled-up performance. This is not for PSC, this is for Team Philippines and our future generations.” said Ramirez.
- ROUGH CUTS | Bongbong-Sara tandem? Signs are unmistakable
- DMCI Homes rolls out tech upgrades for Verdon Parc project
- Ford Philippines sustains solid retail performance With 57 percent growth
- Army, Royal Brunei Armed Forces sign TOR on defense cooperation
- EO 59 bans drinking in public places
- Davao City discontinues use of face shields onboard PUJs
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Army accepting applicants to fill quota for 1,050 officers
- PSC supports ASEAN plan to add more Olympic events in SEAG
- NCCA winds down IP month