Five more New People’s Army rebels surrendered to the 8th Infantry Battalion in Bukidnon on Monday.
Lt. Col Ronald Illana, the 8th IB commander, said the NPA surrenderees belonged to the same group of Sub-Regional Committee 2, North Central Mindanao Regional Command operating in Cabanglasan, Bukidnon.
“The promotion of the Enhanced Comprehensive Local Integration Program (E-Clip) of the government by the Army community support program teams and the continuous military operation played a big role in their surrender,” Illana said.
He identified one of the surrenderees as alias Branch, 31, a former squad leader of Sub-Regional Command 2. Accordingly, Branch received information about the E-Clip and wanted to go back to his normal life.
Illana said they expect more rebels to surrender “as we intensify our combat operation and CSP immersion.”
“We will not allow them to rest until they choose to surrender,” he said.
In just one week, the unit has recorded 19 NPA surrenders. The Army is debriefing them before they will be endorsed to their respective local government units for enrollment in E-Clip.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories