Five more New People’s Army rebels surrendered to the 8th Infantry Battalion in Bukidnon on Monday.
Lt. Col Ronald Illana, the 8th IB commander, said the NPA surrenderees belonged to the same group of Sub-Regional Committee 2, North Central Mindanao Regional Command operating in Cabanglasan, Bukidnon.
“The promotion of the Enhanced Comprehensive Local Integration Program (E-Clip) of the government by the Army community support program teams and the continuous military operation played a big role in their surrender,” Illana said.
He identified one of the surrenderees as alias Branch, 31, a former squad leader of Sub-Regional Command 2. Accordingly, Branch received information about the E-Clip and wanted to go back to his normal life.
Illana said they expect more rebels to surrender “as we intensify our combat operation and CSP immersion.”
“We will not allow them to rest until they choose to surrender,” he said.
In just one week, the unit has recorded 19 NPA surrenders. The Army is debriefing them before they will be endorsed to their respective local government units for enrollment in E-Clip.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1