Five more New People’s Army rebels surrendered to the 8th Infantry Battalion in Bukidnon on Monday.
Lt. Col Ronald Illana, the 8th IB commander, said the NPA surrenderees belonged to the same group of Sub-Regional Committee 2, North Central Mindanao Regional Command operating in Cabanglasan, Bukidnon.
“The promotion of the Enhanced Comprehensive Local Integration Program (E-Clip) of the government by the Army community support program teams and the continuous military operation played a big role in their surrender,” Illana said.
He identified one of the surrenderees as alias Branch, 31, a former squad leader of Sub-Regional Command 2. Accordingly, Branch received information about the E-Clip and wanted to go back to his normal life.
Illana said they expect more rebels to surrender “as we intensify our combat operation and CSP immersion.”
“We will not allow them to rest until they choose to surrender,” he said.
In just one week, the unit has recorded 19 NPA surrenders. The Army is debriefing them before they will be endorsed to their respective local government units for enrollment in E-Clip.
- Discover new tech trends and the new retail at the Stores Asia Expo 2022
- 10th ID donates aircons to seniors
- `Disgraceful version’ Sara lambastes Walden Bello for `blaming’ her for libel case
- Man missing as floods hit city, bares CDRRMO
- Thai, 14 others to judge `Indak-indak’, says organizer
- Councilors acknowledge Times’ role in shaping Davao’s history
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Davao Light and Poer Co., Inc. Service disruptions on August 11, 12, and 13 in different areas of Davao City
- ROUGH CUTS | One light moment with the late FVR
- OFFICIAL | Number of enrollees seen to surpass number last year