Two high-powered firearms, ammunition, and war materiel were recovered by soldiers of the 71st Infantry Battalion following a clash with communist rebels in Pantukan, Compostela Valley on Monday.
Meanwhile, a rebel was wounded and later arrested to face a slew of charges the police prepared against him.
Capt. Jerry Lamosao, the spokesperson of the 10th ID, said one team from the Pantukan Municipal Police Station responded to a civilian report of harassment by an armed group in Barangay King-King, Pantukan on Nov. 25.
The police personnel were supported by soldiers and they exchanged gunfire with the rebels, who escaped following a two-minute clash.
Lamosao said the troops were able to recover one M14 rifle, M16 rifle, M203 grenade launcher, about 300 rounds of ammunition, nine M14 rifle magazines, as well as five long and five short M16 magazines.
The wounded rebel was evacuated to the nearest hospital.
Meanwhile, Maj. Gen. Jose C. Faustino Jr., commander of the 10th ID, commended the troops for the mission.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories