A 15-member Batang Pinoy delegation coming from an Indigenous Peoples community in Davao del Norte is here in Manila as the Philippine Sports Commission hosts several volleyball exhibition games at the Ynares Arena in Pasig City.
Comprised of 10 secondary girls players from the Ata-Manobo tribe, two coaches, two chaperon and a school administrator, the delegation arrived on Sunday afternoon here in Manila.
The Talaingod girls came here upon the invitation of PSC Chairman William I. Ramirez who watched them play in the gold medal match in the Batang Pinoy Mindanao qualifying early this year and was impressed with the skills of the girls.
PSC Commissioner Charles Raymond A. Maxey, who oversees Mindanao, said the PSC is hosting an exposure for the Talaingod girls volleyball team as part of agency’s mandate of advancing the grassroots sports program and fulfilling President Rody Duterte’s mandate for an inclusive sports program.
“This exposure is part of Chairman Butch Ramirez’s instructions to provide a good exposure and experience for the team which can help them develop their skills in their sport,” Maxey said.
The Commission partnered with the Rebisco Volleyball League organizers for the exhibition games.
The Talaingod girls volleyball team had scheduled exhibition games with high school teams from USA-Hawaii and Thailand.
As support, members of the Talaingod girls volleyball team received sports equipment such as shoes and shirts from PSC Chairman William I. Ramirez.
They also received allowance, free accommodation at PhilSports and transportation.
Arlyn Murillo, who is a school administrator in Talaingod and is the in-charge of the delegation, thanked PSC for the generousity.
“The girls trained for these games. We will see how they will fare out,” she said in the vernacular.
The Talaingod girls volleyball team won the silver medal in the Batang Pinoy National Finals in Puerto Prinsesa, Palawan last August. They also won gold medal in the Batang Pinoy Mindanao leg.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success