An alleged soldier was arrested by policemen for illegally carrying a gun in TIMES Beach, Barangay Matina Aplaya, Talomo District on Sunday evening.
Capt. Rosario Aguilar, the spokesperson of Davao City Police Office (DCPO), identified the suspect as Mark Jhon Neri Labio, 27, married, of Patindigin, Midsayap, Cotabato.
Aguilar said Labio is alleged to be a Philippine Army corporal.
The DCPO said a concerned citizen reported to the police station that an armed man was seen at Bonguyan Beach Resort, thus causing fear and discomfort to visitors and residents around 10:30 p.m. Sunday.
Immediately, Talomo police officers and a team from the Regional Mobile Force Battalion were dispatched to verify the report.
Upon arrival, the operatives accosted the reported suspect.
As the suspect was directed to pull up his t-shirt for verification, a firearm was seen in his paints’ waist.
Responding officers then seized the .45 pistol bearing serial number NBR44784, with eight bullets.
The suspect was directed to present document but he failed to show anything.
Police recovered an identification card allegedly issued by the Armed Forces of the Philippines.
The suspect, now under police custody, will be facing a case for illegal possession of firearm.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories