Davao City – Roderick “Odik” Lo and Bong Lu shared the limelight after winning the overall gross and net titles, respectively on last weekend’s Davao Central High School Batch’73 Open golf tournament played at the Rancho Palos Verdes Golf and Country Club.
Lo, a member of the Eaglemasters Golf Club finished with 39 points to emerge as the overall gross champion leaving past closest rival Vincent Gumapac who finished with 37.
It might have been a victory for the seasoned Gumapac who had the day’s best score on opening day, Friday (November 22) of the scheduled two-day competition, however, Lo relied on his steady putts to carved his way on top of the leaderboard, Saturday, next to his PAL Interclub co-player.
Lu shared the winner’s podium with 48 points enough to bring home the overall net crown.
Diminutive Ninot Galicia, also a member of the Eaglemasters also had his winning moments scoring 43 points for the Class A net crown as pre-tournament favorite Jong Tan settled for the net runner-up honors with 42.
Kharick Samanodi took the gross runner-up title behind Gumapac with 34 points via countback.
Class B winners saw Ivan Tanopo 32 (gross champion), Victor Co 30 (gross runner-up), Alro Paglinawan 44 (net champion) and Yoo Jae Woon 44 (net runner-up). For Class C, they are Paul Ancla 27 (gross champion), Bob Lacaya 25 (gross runner-up), Jam Abella 47 (net champion) and Kim Tae Jung 45 (net runner-up).
Funnyman Ting Castillo took the Seniors division gross title with 32 points leaving past Dennis Capa for the runner-up honors with 31 while Lando Cachuela who had 44 brought home the net crown followed by Simeon Dizon who finished with 42 for the runner-up.
Maricel Kim bagged the Ladies division gross with 29 points while Charilyn Kayama won the net crown with 45 to complete the honor roll.
Meanwhile, Michael Ryan Lim won a brand new Yamaha golf cart by drilling a rare hole-in-one on hole no. 17 using his 21 degree Titleist high rescue club and a Titleist 6 ProVi ball as witnessed by flightmates Ronald Galicia, Anci Galicia and Jessie Tan Jr.
Davao Central High School Batch’ 73 president Boy Tan along with Andy Ugdoracion and Soc Cadayona awarded the winners with their respective trophies and prizes in grand rites held at the Rancho Palos Verdes Golf and Country Club clubhouse.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success