Operatives of the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) arrested an alleged member of a criminal gang during a pre-dawn raid in Bankerohan yesterday.
Major Milgrace Driz, the CIDG 11 assistant regional chief, identified the suspect as Sayde Mindalano Ampaso, alleged to be a member of Avila Gang.
In coordination with the San Pedro Police Station, Driz said they implemented the search warrant issued by Regional Trial Court Executive Judge Emmanuel Carpio that led to the arrest of the suspect around 2 a.m. inside his house in Purok 1, Barangay 5-A, Poblacion District.
Driz said they seized from the suspect two .38 caliber revolvers without serial numbers and five .38 caliber bullets during the raid.
The Avila Gang, according to Driz, is engaged in gun running, illegal drugs peddling, robbery and extortion in the city and neighboring provinces.
She said they placed the suspect under surveillance “for several months” after receiving tip that he kept several firearms.
“Thus we conducted validation and monitoring,” she said.
Driz lauded the community “for their support, cooperation and trust in reporting violators of the law” as she urges the public to report to authorities any suspicious persons in their area to prevent crimes.
“We will continue to run after them (criminals),” Driz said.
A case for violating Republic Act 10591 (Comprehensive Firearms and Ammunition Law) is being prepared against the detained suspect.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market