Operatives of the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) arrested an alleged member of a criminal gang during a pre-dawn raid in Bankerohan yesterday.
Major Milgrace Driz, the CIDG 11 assistant regional chief, identified the suspect as Sayde Mindalano Ampaso, alleged to be a member of Avila Gang.
In coordination with the San Pedro Police Station, Driz said they implemented the search warrant issued by Regional Trial Court Executive Judge Emmanuel Carpio that led to the arrest of the suspect around 2 a.m. inside his house in Purok 1, Barangay 5-A, Poblacion District.
Driz said they seized from the suspect two .38 caliber revolvers without serial numbers and five .38 caliber bullets during the raid.
The Avila Gang, according to Driz, is engaged in gun running, illegal drugs peddling, robbery and extortion in the city and neighboring provinces.
She said they placed the suspect under surveillance “for several months” after receiving tip that he kept several firearms.
“Thus we conducted validation and monitoring,” she said.
Driz lauded the community “for their support, cooperation and trust in reporting violators of the law” as she urges the public to report to authorities any suspicious persons in their area to prevent crimes.
“We will continue to run after them (criminals),” Driz said.
A case for violating Republic Act 10591 (Comprehensive Firearms and Ammunition Law) is being prepared against the detained suspect.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success