The 260-room Acacia Hotel Davao finally opened its doors to the public last November 22. Located in the city’s bustling Lanang area, the hotel is the third property, after Manila and Bacolod, of the Acacia Hotel chain.
Present during the hotel’s ribbon-cutting ceremony were Cosco Prime Holdings Inc. vice president Leonardo Dayao; Kudos Trucking Corporation’s Johnny Ng; Puregold Group of Companies and Cosco Prime Holdings Inc chairman Lucio L. Co; Puregold Price Club Inc. vice chair Susan Co; Department of Tourism Undersecretary Arturo Boncato Jr.; Davao Tourism Association president Renato Gatchalian; and Cielito “Honeylet” Avanceña.
President Rodrigo R. Duterte, who is a personal friend of Lucio Co (the Acacia brand is under Cosco Capital, Inc.), was the event’s guest of honor.
“I take this moment to acknowledge your efforts in showcasing the hospitality and the warmth of the Dabawenyos and highlight the scenic and vibrant landscapes of our city to the rest of the world by providing a hub for exemplary guest accommodation,” Duterte said in his speech.
The president also cited the national government’s efforts in attracting investors with its Ease of Doing Business law (RA 11032) that provides a more conducive and healthy business environment.
In her speech, Acacia Davao resident manager Genevieve Burgos expressed her gratitude for the support and presence of their very important guests.
“This milestone has made our team come close and create a strong bond that is ready to showcase our simply heartfelt service. Davao is such an exciting city and Acacia is thrilled to make it our new home,” she said.
Burgos further said that Acacia Hotel is a homegrown brand that showcases genuine Filipino hospitality, making itself unique especially that foreign brands have already joined the local hotel industry.
“With much pride, we offer modern accommodation and services that are ‘simply heartfelt’, embodying our exceptional Filipino culture,” she added.
Acacia Hotel Davao’s amenities include their Waling Waling Cafe, Venado Pool Bar, Look Foo Chinese Restaurant, Acacia Fit center as well as club, business and lobby lounges, and an executive floor.
It is also set to support the city’s MICE program with its 9 event venues with state-of-the-art facilities, including their grand ballroom that can accommodate up to 350 persons.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success