Authorities on Wednesday filed case against the teacher who was caught in an entrapment operation at 10:30 p.m. in Janice Store, Block 43, NHA Ma-a, Talomo District.
Maj. Michael Uyanguren, the Sta. Ana police station commander, said a case for violation of RA 9165 or Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002 was filed against Rashid Dies Amerkhan, 32, and a resident of Santiago Villa, Catalunan Grande, Davao City.
He said the suspect was arrested after he gave a sachet containing suspected shabu in exchange for P500.
Police confiscated five more sachets from is possession, along with two cell phones used in transactions.
“The arrest of the suspect will paralyze, if not terminate, the circulation of illegal drugs within the area of Ma-a, Obrero, and other neighboring areas within Davao City,” Uyanguren said.
“Accordingly, his patrons are mostly gays, women who worked as escorts and sometimes, students,” he added.
He also said the suspect is under the Directorate for Intelligence drugs watchlist. The total contraband confiscated from him amounted to around P3,000 in estimated street market value.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market