City Hall has imposed a no-entry/no-parking policy at the vicinity of City Hall for today’s opening of the month-long Pasko Fiesta.
The City Transport and Traffic Management Office (CTTMO) said there will be no entry and parking of vehicles in front of City Hall, City Hall Drive, and Engineer’s Alley today starting 5 a.m. up to 12 midnight.
The opening of Pasko Fiesta is set at 5 p.m. today at the City Hall Ground.
Joel Santos, CTTMO representative, said parts of Bolton Street and Ponciano Street (both from Rizal Street to San Pedro Street) will be also be closed today, starting at 6 a.m.
He said the closed parts of Bolton and Ponciano streets will be utilized as temporary parking areas.
“We have designated parking lots for visitors and people with vehicles. People should be aware of these parking lots as we are already disseminating the routes and vicinities to be utilized,” Santos said.
Meanwhile, the security for the duration of Pasko Fiesta has been maximized to ensure the safety of revellers.
Yesterday, a ceremony was conducted at the Davao City Police Office (DCPO) grounds to send-off the security personnel
Around 40,000 security personnel have been tapped to secure the festivity. Aside from DCPO personnel, the contingents also include operatives from the Task Force Davao (TFD), Davao City Public Safety and Security Center, Civil Security Unit (CSU), Volunteer Police Auxiliary (VPAs), Philippine Coast Guard (PGC), City Transport and Traffic Management Office (CTTMO) and other force multipliers.
THE DCPO said the no-backpack and no-jacket policies will strictly be imposed in places where the major activities will be conducted.
Strict checkpoints and inspections in streets will also be imposed.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success