A drug suspect was killed and his wife arrested during a buy-bust operation by the elements of the Sasa police along Sampaloc Street, Phase 1, S.I.R Matina at 9:30 p.m. on Wednesday.
Maj. Reuben Libera, the Sasa Police Station commander, identified the slain suspect as 36-year-old Jorrel Alejandro Millora. The female suspect was Cindy Jimenez Dela Victoria, 36, jobless, resident of Doña Salud, Km. 10, Barangay Sasa.
The couple was included in the Directorate for Intelligence drugs watchlist.
Libera said, the slain suspect handed the suspected shabu to the police undercover. However, he sensed that he was about to be arrested, and took out his .38 caliber revolver from the table of his room and shot at the cop. The arresting officer shot back and hit the suspect.
The medical team of Mobile 166 declared the suspect dead on the spot at about 9:45 p.m. of the same date.
Recovered the following from the scene were the revolver, two fired cartridges from a .38 revolver, and another cartridge from a 9mm pistol. They also found two big pieces of sachet containing suspected shabu. The recovered drug items had an estimated weight of more or less 15 grams, with the street value of P120,000.
The remains of Millano were brought to Rivera Funeral Parlor, while his wife is now under the custody of the Sasa Police Station.
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat