A drug suspect was killed and his wife arrested during a buy-bust operation by the elements of the Sasa police along Sampaloc Street, Phase 1, S.I.R Matina at 9:30 p.m. on Wednesday.
Maj. Reuben Libera, the Sasa Police Station commander, identified the slain suspect as 36-year-old Jorrel Alejandro Millora. The female suspect was Cindy Jimenez Dela Victoria, 36, jobless, resident of Doña Salud, Km. 10, Barangay Sasa.
The couple was included in the Directorate for Intelligence drugs watchlist.
Libera said, the slain suspect handed the suspected shabu to the police undercover. However, he sensed that he was about to be arrested, and took out his .38 caliber revolver from the table of his room and shot at the cop. The arresting officer shot back and hit the suspect.
The medical team of Mobile 166 declared the suspect dead on the spot at about 9:45 p.m. of the same date.
Recovered the following from the scene were the revolver, two fired cartridges from a .38 revolver, and another cartridge from a 9mm pistol. They also found two big pieces of sachet containing suspected shabu. The recovered drug items had an estimated weight of more or less 15 grams, with the street value of P120,000.
The remains of Millano were brought to Rivera Funeral Parlor, while his wife is now under the custody of the Sasa Police Station.
- ROUGH CUTS| One lesson that must be learned
- Probe into ‘abductions’
- CSC XI urges more applicants for the August 2023 CS Exam
- National Academy of Sports now accepting scholarship applicants
- DCPO asks for responsible social media use to avoid creating panic
- Power disruptions on June 4, 5, and 6 in different parts of Davao City
- SM wins ICSC MAXI Awards 2023
- Fatal association
- Over 19,000 child laborers rescued
- Davao Culinary Cup returns after hiatus