Four high-powered firearms, war materiel, and subversive documents were recovered by soldiers of the 28th Infantry Battalion following an encounter with the New People’s Army (NPA) in Sitio Bato-bato, Barangay Tubaon, Tarragona at past 2 p.m. on Monday.
Lt. Col. Alexander Banatao, the 28th IB commander, told TIMES that soldiers encountered members of the Pulang Bagani Command 8 of the NPA after residents reported the presence of the group in the area.
Upon receiving information, Banatao sent his troops to conduct a military operation against the rebels.
A 45-minute gunfire ensued before the rebels escaped. He also believed that many members of the NPA group scattered and were wounded during the clash as they found bloodstains at the countered site.
For now, troops are still conducting clearing operations in the area.
Meanwhile, the battalion commander lauded his troops for their dedication and sacrifice to protect the community from the NPA.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021