Four high-powered firearms, war materiel, and subversive documents were recovered by soldiers of the 28th Infantry Battalion following an encounter with the New People’s Army (NPA) in Sitio Bato-bato, Barangay Tubaon, Tarragona at past 2 p.m. on Monday.
Lt. Col. Alexander Banatao, the 28th IB commander, told TIMES that soldiers encountered members of the Pulang Bagani Command 8 of the NPA after residents reported the presence of the group in the area.
Upon receiving information, Banatao sent his troops to conduct a military operation against the rebels.
A 45-minute gunfire ensued before the rebels escaped. He also believed that many members of the NPA group scattered and were wounded during the clash as they found bloodstains at the countered site.
For now, troops are still conducting clearing operations in the area.
Meanwhile, the battalion commander lauded his troops for their dedication and sacrifice to protect the community from the NPA.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success