Davao City – Two of Davao City’s premier lady arnis bets under the Kapatirang Doble Olisi Escrima will take part for the Philippine team in this year’s edition of the Southeast Asian Games.
Adelfa Sagne and Jezebel Morcillo will don the nation’s colors when they face respective counterparts in an aim for podium finishes in the Games which starts on November 30.
“We are proud of these two ladies who sacrificed their jobs just to be able to participate in this year’s SEA Games. We hope they would do their best to reap medals,” said Mario Palazuelo, chief instructor of the Kapatirang Doble Olisi Escrima.
Sagne is a graduate of Bachelor of Secondary Education major in MAPEH from University of Southeastern Philippines and a teacher of senior High at San Pedro College. During her high school and college years, she is a consistent medalist in the Palarong Pambansa, Philippine National Games, MATS and SCUAA. She became an awardee as the Most Outstanding Athlete of the year in the 18th So Kim Cheng Sport Awards in 2012 and also awarded Female Athlete of the Year in the 1st Unisoft Award 2016.
She reigned supreme in her first international competition that was held in Wunna Theikdi Indoor Stadium, Myanmar last Oct. 12-15 2019 dubbed as Myanmar-Philippines Dual Arnis competition.
Sagne joins Morcillo, the other lady with similar achievements and Glendon Jhon Malisa, a three time Philippine National Games (PNG) gold medalist.
“They have been consistent gold medalists in the Palarong Pambansa and in local and international tournaments. They are already seasoned players,” Palazuelo added.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021