The 4th Infantry Division condemned the New People’s Army for tolerating the abuses perpetrated against its female combatants by the communist leaders.
Maj. Regie Go, the 4th ID spokesperson, said alias Wilma, 20, a former NPA medic from Magpet, North Cotabato revealed that she was raped by their commander.
Go said alias Saisai, 32, a former NPA medic, married, a resident of Agusan Del Norte was also raped by his NPA commander. She got pregnant but suffered a miscarriage due to stress and hardship in the mountain.
“I was raped and threatened that he will kill my husband if I will inform the committee,” Sasai recounted. “I wanted to kill him for repeatedly abusing me sexually, he should be executed.”
The repeated abuses made her decide to leave the organization.
Go said that the troops of 88th Infantry Battalion based in Maramag Bukidnon recovered some contraceptive pills, condoms, and pornographic materials inside an NPA hideout in the forested area of Barangay Kibongkog, San Fernando, Bukidnon last Oct. 22, 2019.
Meanwhile, he said the 18-day campaign to end VAW is annually observed from Nov. 25 to Dec. 12 to raise awareness to the public about the susceptibility of women to abuse.
Maj. Gen. Franco Nemesio Gacal, the commander of the 4th ID said, “For 50 years, the NPA commanders have been violating their female combatants. They must respect the rights of our women and stop treating them as sex slaves.”
“I urge all female NPA combatants to surrender and save yourself from these abuses,” Gacal said.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories