The Department of Education recognized different school in the region for their efforts to implement different programs that benefit the students.
Dr. Warlito E. Hua, DepEd education support and services division chief, said that the schools will be awarded based on the implementation of Brigada Eskwela, school-based feeding programs, disaster risk reduction management (DRRM), and other services.
“This grand event will give due recognition and appreciation for all the efforts of partnerships and of all major projects and programs in the DepEd,” he said.
The Brigada Eskwela gained a total of 1,227,379 volunteers as of 2019. This has become one of DepEd’s initiatives in enjoining local communities to respond to the needs of public schools and improving basic education.
The DRRM, which was included in the educational framework, becomes the school’s bible in emergency preparedness in times of natural and man-made calamities.
As of 2019, the DepEd recorded 77,745 beneficiaries of the different school-based feeding programs.
“We have awardees from Digos and Davao del Sur. Even before the earthquake, they’ve been observing proper practices. They were one with the best implementing schools for Brigada Eskwela,” he also said.
Various schools in the region have conducted health in nutrition programs and dental services.
Schools in Digos City and Davao del Sur were also awarded as DRRM best implementing schools for observing proper practices of risk reduction in their schools. “Schools are very prepared for this, even before the calamity,” he said.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission