The Department of Education recognized different school in the region for their efforts to implement different programs that benefit the students.
Dr. Warlito E. Hua, DepEd education support and services division chief, said that the schools will be awarded based on the implementation of Brigada Eskwela, school-based feeding programs, disaster risk reduction management (DRRM), and other services.
“This grand event will give due recognition and appreciation for all the efforts of partnerships and of all major projects and programs in the DepEd,” he said.
The Brigada Eskwela gained a total of 1,227,379 volunteers as of 2019. This has become one of DepEd’s initiatives in enjoining local communities to respond to the needs of public schools and improving basic education.
The DRRM, which was included in the educational framework, becomes the school’s bible in emergency preparedness in times of natural and man-made calamities.
As of 2019, the DepEd recorded 77,745 beneficiaries of the different school-based feeding programs.
“We have awardees from Digos and Davao del Sur. Even before the earthquake, they’ve been observing proper practices. They were one with the best implementing schools for Brigada Eskwela,” he also said.
Various schools in the region have conducted health in nutrition programs and dental services.
Schools in Digos City and Davao del Sur were also awarded as DRRM best implementing schools for observing proper practices of risk reduction in their schools. “Schools are very prepared for this, even before the calamity,” he said.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WRITING DETOURS | Confessions of a Fortnite virgin
- ROUGH CUTS | Were they neophyte traffic law enforcers?
- DUBIOUS DISTINCTION | Davao City supplants QC on daily COVID cases: researcher
- 858 affected workers apply for government financial aid
- PSC says yes to Tokyo Olympics budget from POC
- Go Negosyo, PCCI, OCTA Research join hands to push population protection
- DOLE-Davao hosts virtual job fair
- NPA rebel killed in Misamis clash
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Shot again