Following the disastrous earthquakes that struck Mindanao, which left displaced residents without access to potable water, the Coca-Cola System in the Philippines immediately mobilized volunteers and resources to facilitate the donation of Wilkins™ water.
Through its nationwide network of 19 bottling plants, employee volunteers, and NGO partners such as the Philippine Disaster Resilience Foundation, Caritas Manila, and other organizations, the Coca-Cola System has thus far provided over 115,000 liters of Wilkins™ water to communities severely hit by the devastating earthquakes.
From day zero, Coca-Cola mobilized its resources to contribute to the relief efforts. Coca-Cola Beverages Philippines, Inc. President and CEO Gareth McGeown, with CCBPI’s local Davao team, led the delivery of Wilkins™ water to the hardest-hit areas in Magsaysay, Davao del Sur; they were received by Magsaysay Mayor Arthur Davin. Wilkins™ water was likewise distributed to Digos, Davao del Sur; and Tulunan, Kidapawan, Makilala, and Magpet, in Cotabato. More Wilkins™ water— close to 34,560 liters—are on their way from nearby Coca-Cola bottling plants and distribution centers.
The Coca-Cola System is also working with the Tagum City Council of Women Foundation Inc. on the deployment of Coca-Cola’s SETA machine—a mobile water plant that treats water to make it clean and potable—in Bansalan, Davao del Sur.
In photo: Patrick Adanglao, CCBPI head of Security; Wendell Dayrit, CCBPI Region Sales Manager, South Davao; Adrian Javier, CCBPI Commercial Unit Director, Southeast Mindanao; Gareth McGeown, CCBPI President and CEO; Butch Camazora, Magsaysay LGU Social Worker Head; Mayor Arthur Davin of Magsaysay; Atty. Juan Lorenzo Tanada, CCBPI Director for Corporate & Regulatory Affairs; Israelito Cejar, CCBPI Territory Sales Manager.
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?