The Armed Forces of the Philippines sent its mobile kitchen to Makilala, North Cotabato to provide quake victims with hot meals.
On Nov. 15, 2019, the mobile kitchen arrived in Santos Land, Poblacion Makilala after motoring for an hour from Magsaysay, Davao del Sur.
Capt. Jerry Lamosao, the spokesperson of 10th Infantry Division, said AFP personnel started to serve hot meals to some 126 families, coming from Barangay Buena Vida and Buhay, all of Makilala.
“From feeding the defenders of war-torn Marawi, it now serves to feed the quake victims in North Cotabato,” he said.
Maj. Gen. Jose C. Faustino Jr. commander of the 10th ID, visited the evacuees in Santos Land.
“Rest assured that while we are conducting humanitarian assistance and disaster response operations, the 10th ID is relentlessly performing its core competency to protect the people from the communist terrorist group and left-leaning organizations supportive of the NPAs,” he said.
The mobile kitchen was donated to the AFP by South Korea in the aftermath of typhoon Yolanda.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- STATEMENT OF THE UNION OF PEOLES’ LAWYERS IN MINDANAO (UPLM)
- TAOSUG IN DOHA | Narrative clips on the 2013 Zamboanga Siege
- ROUGH CUTS | Stop calling probe invitees ‘resource persons’
- DOF | PH’s strong financial standing confirms DOF’s fiscal policies
- DTI-DavOr banners the youth in biz pitching tilt
- PSSCC deploys more staff to vaxx sites, swabbing centers
- InLife Good In Life Video and Photo Competition highlights inspiring Filipino values
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – SEPTEMBER 16, 2021
- Duterte transfers Philippine Crop Insurance Corp. to DOF