The Armed Forces of the Philippines sent its mobile kitchen to Makilala, North Cotabato to provide quake victims with hot meals.
On Nov. 15, 2019, the mobile kitchen arrived in Santos Land, Poblacion Makilala after motoring for an hour from Magsaysay, Davao del Sur.
Capt. Jerry Lamosao, the spokesperson of 10th Infantry Division, said AFP personnel started to serve hot meals to some 126 families, coming from Barangay Buena Vida and Buhay, all of Makilala.
“From feeding the defenders of war-torn Marawi, it now serves to feed the quake victims in North Cotabato,” he said.
Maj. Gen. Jose C. Faustino Jr. commander of the 10th ID, visited the evacuees in Santos Land.
“Rest assured that while we are conducting humanitarian assistance and disaster response operations, the 10th ID is relentlessly performing its core competency to protect the people from the communist terrorist group and left-leaning organizations supportive of the NPAs,” he said.
The mobile kitchen was donated to the AFP by South Korea in the aftermath of typhoon Yolanda.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories