Less than a week before the launch of Pasko Fiesta 2019, the city government is finishing the remaining 15% of the preparation for the annual activity.
Generose Tecson, head of the City Tourism Operations Office (CTTO), said this year’s theme, Santa’s Toy Factory, will be a livelier and more colorful Christmas fiesta.
“Mayor (Sara Duterte) wanted to have a toy factory theme because when we remember Christmas, we remember the joyful smiles of the children every time they receive gifts,” Tecson said.
The tourism head said the opening of the event, set on Friday, will be the “grandest of the major events to usher in the month-long celebration of Christmas.”
“The most awaited will be the opening. There will be big surprises that the public can enjoy,” she said.
Tecson said selected areas in the city have already been decorated with gift boxes and robots.
She said the city government aims to bring joy to the children.
“This event will assure that the children can enjoy the activities we prepared,” Tecson said.
The city has allocated P22 million for the event.
The event will have 23 official activities, including the Pasko Fiesta 3D Wall Mapping, the Sayaw sa Pasko, and the Yugyugan sa Pasko Fiesta at the Sta. Ana Wharf.
Tecson added that there will be four-wheeled vehicles and pedicabs filled with lights and other Christmas decorations that will participate.
She encourages Davaoenos to join the opening day and all the Pasko Fiesta activities, such as the Pasko Fiesta Carnival at the Rizal Park, meet and greet Mr. Santa and Mrs. Claus at the Magsaysay Park, People’s Park, Osmeña Park, for the Pahalipay ni Santa, the Pasko Fiesta Salu-Salo at the Sta Ana Wharf, the Pasko Daba-Daba, the Sayaw sa Pasko Fiesta Dance competition, the Hulagway Sa Pasko Fiesta 2019 Pasko Photo Exhibit, the Lamdag Parada, the Pasko Kumbira sa City Hall, and the Koro sa Pasko on Dec. 5 at the Cap Auditorium.
The Pasko Fiesta will be launched at 5:30 p.m. of Nov. 22, Friday, at the City Hall grounds.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market