Talomo police seized P50,000 worth of illegal drugs from a waiter and his alleged pregnant girlfriend in a buy-bust operation in an apartment in Barangay Matina Crossing, Talomo District on Thursday.
Major Ronald Lao, Talomo Police Station commander, identified the suspects as Mark Anthony Lagsub, 27, waiter, of Manayan Street, Grabahan Matina, and his alleged lover, April Love Austral, 25, unemployed of San Miguel Village, Matina Crossing.
Lao said they conducted the operation at a rented apartment in San Miguel Village after they received information that the suspects were selling illegal drugs.
At around 12:30 p.m., after the undercover agents received the illegal drugs in exchange of the marked money, policemen immediately arrested the suspects.
Police seized a total of 14 plastic sachets suspected to contain shabu and a bubble wrap filled with dried marijuana leaves.
Operatives also confiscated P3,000 cash, weighting scale, lighter, cellphones and identification cards.
The marked money was also recovered.
Lagsub and Austral will be charged for violation of Republic Act 9165 (the Comprehensive Dangerous Act of 2002).
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories