The Davao City Oplan Tabang delivered relief goods to families
affected by earthquakes in Hagonoy, Davao del Sur on Thursday.
Col. Consolito Yecla, the Task Force Davao (TFD) commander, said around 570 families received the goods.
The TFD-led team brought some 1,150 food packs for residents in barangays Aplaya, Balutakay, Guhing and Leling, the most affected areas in Hagonoy.
Yecla said each family received two packs of goods.
Aside from the food packs, several rolls of trapal, 40 pieces of mosquito net, 40 pieces of blanket, 20 pieces of casserole and eight sacks of assorted clothes were also delivered.
The TFD commander said residents of Hagonoy were also affected by the earthquake but only few relief goods are given to them.
“The donations coming from the people of Davao will be delivered (to the victims) to make a difference to their life,” Yecla said.
The team is also composed of personnel from the City Mayor’s Office, City Social Service and Development Office (CSSDO), Public Safety and Security Command Center (PSSCC), City Engineers, Davao City Police Office (DCPO), and Highway Patrol Group.
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?