Davao City – The all-weather Rancho Palos Verdes Golf and Country Club will host the 2nd European Chamber of Commerce of the Philippines (ECCP) Davao Golf Challenge set this November 30.
The ECCP Davao in partnership with Golfer’s Choice By Hager Travel and Tours will have initiated the competition’s second edition which is expected to surpass its number of entries from its maiden spectacle last year.
“The course is all set and ready. Good luck to all golfers,” said Rancho Palos Verdes Golf and Country Club general manager Tommy Inigo on Thursday’s Davao Sportswriters Association (DSA) Forum at the SM City Davao Annex.
Antonio Peralta of the ECCP-Southern Mindanao Business Council who also served as one of the guests on the weekly sports gab also bared that half of the earnings will go to the Save the Children Philippines, a member of the ECCP Southern Mindanao, in support to their emergency response and relief operation program specifically in helping the children in quake-affected areas in Mindanao.
“The event will help in providing the children of the affected areas quality education, child-friendly spaces for learning and play, and psychosocial support to overcome the trauma,” Peralta said.
The tournament will follow the modified Stableford mode of play with P100,000 cash, a brand new motorcycle and plane tickets at stake as hole-in-one prizes on designated par 3 fairways.
“We are expecting to surpass last year’s number of entries which is 106. Hope we would get more golfers to join us,” added Emil Hager of Golfer’s Choice By Hager Travel and Tours.
Registration is still open pegged at P3,900 for RPVGCC members and P4,300 for non-members inclusive of green fee, twin-sharing cart, buffet lunch and two rounds of drinks, a goodie bag, golf shirt and a practice round.
- Capacity building for differently-abled persons cooperative continues with dressmaking training
- Globe backs calls for ICT policy reforms
- Ford PH enriches ownership experience with FordPass
- GCash removes clickable links in SMS, emails to improve security of users
- City gov’t, Poland eye areas of cooperation
- NEFM hosts maritime exercise
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | What did the hearing achieve?
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Malabar for breakfast
- Gift of Art