The mobile kitchen truck of the Armed forces of the Philippines was already deployed to serve the quake-stricken areas of Davao del Sur.
Lt Col. Ezra Balagtey, the Eastern Mindanao Command spokesperson, said the truck motored for the area on Tuesday.
Also, the Army’s engineering brigade also brought a water filtration machine to augment the water supply for the families.
“So, we are one with the Office of the Civil Defense in calling all the donors to follow protocol. This is to ensure the inclusive and equitable conduct of relief operations,” Balagtey said.
He also said the disaster response continues through the joint task force of 10th Infantry Division, utilizing the 901st Infantry Brigade in Kidapawan and the 1002nd Infantry Brigade based in Malungon, Sarangani Province.
The 10th Infantry Division’s Emergency Response Company was deployed in Makilala and Kidapawan for the search, rescue, and retrieval operations.
Balagtey said they also deployed two engineering battalions, the 534th and 512th, to help in the reconstruction efforts. For now, the engineering battalions are involved in reconfiguring the tents, as well as ensuring the hygiene and sanitation of the evacuation centers.
- Exec: Davao light spending P1.85-B in capex in 2021
- Microsoft unveils immersive education solutions to inspire educators in reimagining learning experiences
- Damosa, IWG unveil franchise partnership
- EDITORIAL | The community press today
- STATEMENT | Ending violence and ensuring jobs and rights for Filipina OFWs
- City In Photos
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Automatic writing
- Philippine Media Statement On the Anti-Terrorism Act of 2020
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- City In Photos