The mobile kitchen truck of the Armed forces of the Philippines was already deployed to serve the quake-stricken areas of Davao del Sur.
Lt Col. Ezra Balagtey, the Eastern Mindanao Command spokesperson, said the truck motored for the area on Tuesday.
Also, the Army’s engineering brigade also brought a water filtration machine to augment the water supply for the families.
“So, we are one with the Office of the Civil Defense in calling all the donors to follow protocol. This is to ensure the inclusive and equitable conduct of relief operations,” Balagtey said.
He also said the disaster response continues through the joint task force of 10th Infantry Division, utilizing the 901st Infantry Brigade in Kidapawan and the 1002nd Infantry Brigade based in Malungon, Sarangani Province.
The 10th Infantry Division’s Emergency Response Company was deployed in Makilala and Kidapawan for the search, rescue, and retrieval operations.
Balagtey said they also deployed two engineering battalions, the 534th and 512th, to help in the reconstruction efforts. For now, the engineering battalions are involved in reconfiguring the tents, as well as ensuring the hygiene and sanitation of the evacuation centers.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories