The Department of Health (DoH) conducted consultations on evacuation centers in quake-affected areas.
As of Nov. 9, a total of 1,034 consultations were already conducted in 19 evacuation centers in Davao Region, while a total of 7,068 consultations were done in 49 evacuation centers in the provinces of Cotabato.
The data revealed that the top diseases monitored in the evacuation areas are acute respiratory infection, with 394 cases or 38.1% of the total. It is followed by fever with 245 or 23.7% of the total; hypertension and acute watery diarrhea with 103 each, or 9.9% of the total.
On the other hand, 4,157 victims in Cotabato have acquired upper respiratory tract infection, representing 58.8% of the total consultation. This is followed by hypertension with 1,580 cases or 22.4% ; headache with 628 or 8.9%; systematic viral infection with 215 or 3%; and acute gastroenteritis with 193 or 2.7% of the total.
Assistant Secretary Abdullah B. Dumama Jr. said there are suspected cases of measles in some evacuation areas. “According to reports, there are four or five cases of measles that are being investigated. We have to validate, still, these suspected cases of measles,” he said.
He also said that there are no reported cases of dengue in evacuation areas.
“We also did misting/fogging in the areas, distributed some insecticides to prevent dengue,” he said.
“We also make sure that measle cases are being treated and investigated. We have already sent emergency management service teams in the areas to assess everything, especially dengue situations,” he added.
Meanwhile, the National Nutritional Council (NNC) conducted assessment of nutritional status of IDP’s inside the evacuation areas. Health and water sanitation education was also given to 1,225 individuals.
They treated and consulted a total of 2,529 individuals from the different evacuation centers in the municipalities of Tulunan, Kidapawan, Magpet and Makilala. The DoH also provided portable water, water containers, water treatment and hygiene kits to the Provincial Health Office of Cotabato.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- As many as 27,000 booster shots can be administered daily: official
- Vaccination rollout for 5-11 age group pilot-tested in Manila first before DC
- 5 arrested in buy-bust, drug den raid
- Honda introduces its newest rough terrain bike
- Jarlo Bâse marks his major label debut with soulful, laid-back track “Kalapati”
- J-Pop queen Hikaru Utada delivers another pop masterpiece with eighth studio album, Bad Mode
- Concepcion backs DOLE’s call to private sector employers, but insists it should be voluntary
- WANDERLUST | Blue Lotus Hotel holds relaunch
- NPA regional committee in R-11 to be dismantled in next months