The Sasa Police Station inaugurated its new building at Km. 9, Barangay Sasa, Buhangin District on Friday afternoon.
Councilor Maria Belen Sunga-Acosta led the ceremonial turnover.
Maj. Reuben Libera, the Sasa police commander, said the acquisition of the 600 square-meter lot was made possible through the donation of the Barangay Council of Sasa. The contract of usufruct was signed on Dec. 7, 2018.
The city government supported the building’s construction.
The activity was also attended by Col. Bowenn Masauding, representing Brig Gen Filmore Escobal, the director of Police Regional Office 11; Rev. George Angga, representing Lt. Col. Rev Fr. Joel Barralas, regional chaplain; Davao City Police Office director, Col. Kirby John Kraft; Jerry Licarte of Barangay Sasa; Doce L. Apostol of Barangay Panacan; Constancio S. Tiongco of Barangay Pampanga; Erico Talili of Barangay Hizon; and JJ Caesar Bongcawil of Barangay Angliongto.
Libera, in his message, said, “Our station has high regard for delivering its service to the people with accuracy and precision more so now that we have a space conducive for work in delivering quality service.”
“We expect to provide our clients–the community of five barangays–more copious service because of this safer and bigger place,” he said.
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat