A former NPA militia leader, who recently surrendered to the 28th Infantry Battalion, pointed to the location of improvised explosive devices, blasting caps, and a 50-meter wire on Sunday.
The suspect was a member of the Militia ng Bayan in Barangay San Isidro, Lupon, Davao Oriental. The IEDs and bomb components were recovered in Sitio Malig, Barangay Don Mariano Marcos, Lupon.
Lt. Col. Alexander Banatao, commander of the 28th Infantry Battalion, did not identify the surrenderee. But he supposedly told the soldiers that he didn’t want his family to suffer the same fate as his.
Banato also said that the communities already realized that they are only being used by the New People’s Army for its own agenda. Residents are now cooperating with the authorities, providing information when armed groups pass through their area.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market