A former NPA militia leader, who recently surrendered to the 28th Infantry Battalion, pointed to the location of improvised explosive devices, blasting caps, and a 50-meter wire on Sunday.
The suspect was a member of the Militia ng Bayan in Barangay San Isidro, Lupon, Davao Oriental. The IEDs and bomb components were recovered in Sitio Malig, Barangay Don Mariano Marcos, Lupon.
Lt. Col. Alexander Banatao, commander of the 28th Infantry Battalion, did not identify the surrenderee. But he supposedly told the soldiers that he didn’t want his family to suffer the same fate as his.
Banato also said that the communities already realized that they are only being used by the New People’s Army for its own agenda. Residents are now cooperating with the authorities, providing information when armed groups pass through their area.
- Duterte limits use of face shields to ‘closed, crowded’ areas
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- World Vision launches this year’s #GirlsCan movement to empower and support Filipino girls
- ALS Unit formed
- ROUGH CUTS | Longing for sustainable change?
- OFFICIAL | Digital vax certificates needed vs bogus cards
- Quiboloy threatens to run for president if…
- SEC launches 1-day online firm registration
- Davao Light acquires Safety Seal Certification
- Celebrate chocolate with SM Snack Exchange