A former NPA militia leader, who recently surrendered to the 28th Infantry Battalion, pointed to the location of improvised explosive devices, blasting caps, and a 50-meter wire on Sunday.
The suspect was a member of the Militia ng Bayan in Barangay San Isidro, Lupon, Davao Oriental. The IEDs and bomb components were recovered in Sitio Malig, Barangay Don Mariano Marcos, Lupon.
Lt. Col. Alexander Banatao, commander of the 28th Infantry Battalion, did not identify the surrenderee. But he supposedly told the soldiers that he didn’t want his family to suffer the same fate as his.
Banato also said that the communities already realized that they are only being used by the New People’s Army for its own agenda. Residents are now cooperating with the authorities, providing information when armed groups pass through their area.
- ROUGH CUTS| One lesson that must be learned
- Probe into ‘abductions’
- CSC XI urges more applicants for the August 2023 CS Exam
- National Academy of Sports now accepting scholarship applicants
- DCPO asks for responsible social media use to avoid creating panic
- Power disruptions on June 4, 5, and 6 in different parts of Davao City
- SM wins ICSC MAXI Awards 2023
- Fatal association
- Over 19,000 child laborers rescued
- Davao Culinary Cup returns after hiatus