Artists will gather for a two-day concert aimed to benefit the victims of earthquake in the island.
Organizer Bogs Serrano said the two-day event is set on the evening of Nov. 12 and 13 at Bogser’s by the Sea Seafood Restaurant in TIMES Beach in Barangay Matina Aplaya.
Serrano will lead the performing artists that include Heartbeat Band, Boy Tamayo & Step by Step Musicians, Farmer Band, Rythmics Acoustics, Ambon Band, Yunoya, Aim & Fire, Ariann Campos, Four Fourth, Reborn Caballes, Mid Summer Band, Jansel Nocturnal Akostic Trio, Aziz Monk Alamit, Cowboy Joby, JR Oclarit, and Pyxis Band.
Serrano said his some friends suggested to him an event for the benefit of the quake victims.
“And I’ve been wanting to do something for the sake of the earthquake victims, our fellow Mindanaons,” Serrano said. “So, I thought I would give it a try posting the idea on Facebook to see if it gets supported.”
Serrano said he was surprised that his post earned positive responses from friends.
In less than a week, he organized the concert.
“All the participants are local musicians. A few hobby musicians but mostly full-time musicians servicing Davao music scene,” he said.
Serrano said producing the event is not hard because BOGSERS, a place he owns, is always open for musicians and other performing artists “to showcase our craft and gain opportunities to financially sustain us.”
“Bogsers is designed to be that way,” he said. “For music and arts, for the people to enjoy and appreciate, with its great ambience, affordable foods, drinks & spirits.”
Serrano is urging Davaoenos to take part of the event.
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat