The Big Bad Wolf event is back in the city for the second time around to the delight of bibliophiles everywhere.
The Big Bad Wolf, which originated in Malaysia, is the world’s biggest book sale with a wide variety of choices from 50% to 90% off recommended retail price of books.
“With last year’s turnout, we’re excited to see more Davaoeños at the Big Bad Wolf Sale this year and hopefully we are able to continue to instill and create a lov for reading,” said Jacqueline Ng, co-founder of the Big Bad Wolf.
One hundred fifty thousand Davaoeños have visited Azuela Cove in Sasa last year.
“Through the enthusiastic welcome that we have received, it is heartwarming to see that Filipinos are looking forward to attending our book sale again in Davao this year,” she also said.
The readers can enjoy a wide selection of books of multiple genres, including fiction, non-fiction, children’s books, bestsellers, and premium titles.
The Big Bad Wolf also advocates a number of charities through its corporate social responsibility arm, the Red Readerhood (RRH).
In the Philippines, the Big Bad Wolf works with Gawad Kalinga in promoting literacy, reaching out to children and adults, and sharing with them the joys and benefits of reading. Both organizations believe that reading is meant to reach all people in the society.
“The Big Bad Wolf Book Sale is one of those big business with a big heart. They make great books available and accessible to every Filipino, especially the poor. This is a cause worth venturing into at a cost and that is affordable for everyone,” said Harvey Maraguinot, executive director of Gawad Kalinga.
Ng is thankful for the support of people in the city.
“Every single event we held in the Philippines has been overwheming. It’s just amazing how much Filipinos love books,” she said.
The Big Bad Wolf Sale, in its 10th anniversary, aims to encourage reading by providing high quality, brand new English books at low prices.
“I also encourage people who didn’t come last year to come and enjoy the amazing experience the Big Bad Wolf will bring. To those people who visited our event, bring the joy to your friends” she added.
- Millions of books will be available on the biggest book sale in town, providing readers various book choices in the store. The 11-day event will start on Nov. 22 at the Azuela Cove, Sasa. The store will be open 24 hours for readers.
- REFLECTIONS | More evils: Cults, “possession,” pornography and child abuse
- MONDAYS WITH PATMEI | Before there was EDSA, there was Claveria
- ROUGH CUTS… | The other face of Davao City
- TIMESMAN | My life story
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- Parents of kids with seizure episodes urged to seek medical checkup ASAP
- Davao Light honors scholars, board passers
- SMB’s 14th ‘Trees Brew Life’ regreens Panigan Watershed
- 337 NPA guerrillas neutralized from Jan to Sept: EastMinCom
- Floods, landslides in Region XI displace 10,000 people: RDRRMC