Authorities have filed murder charges against a farmer who reportedly killed his alleged lover and her daughter in Barangay Megcawayan, Calinan District on Wednesday night.
The Calinan Police Station has filed two murder cases against suspect Renuel Wabinga Habillo, 32-year-old farmer in New Waterfall.
Police Major Arquiomedes Wesley, the commander of Calinan police station, said Habillo gave up to a barangay official minutes after he allegedly killed Evelyn Saganay Lapera, separated, 40, and her daughter Joy, 11, a Grade 6 student, in a fit of rage in Purok New Waterfall, Megcawayan.
The bodies of the victims were found lying along a street in Purok New Waterfall minutes after the incident.
In the initial investigation, police established that Habillo, a bachelor, had an affair with Lapera, who was separated from her husband.
Lapera, Wesley said, reportedly wanted to break up with Habillo for she allegedly found another lover.
“Habillo could not accept it that Lapera replaced him with a native,” the police commander said.
On Nov 6, 2019, Wednesday evening, Habillo and Lapera were having a heated argument after the former found that Lapera was seen with another man.
Around 11:20 p.m., Habillo reportedly hacked Lapera. He also attacked Lapera’s daughter.
The two victims sustained deep lacerated wounds at their napes and heads, leading to their death.
The Calinan Police Station received a call at 12:45 a.m. Thursday from Barangay Councilor Boyet Navarro of Brgy. Megcawayan who reported that two bodies were found in New Waterfall.
Responding investigators were able to hold a witness.
Barangay Councilor Rolando Escobar said Habillo surrendered to him a few minutes past Wednesday midnight in Bagong Silang.
The suspect was forwarded to the police later that day.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1