The city government is conducting stress debriefing sessions to quake-affected families for them to cope with their traumas following the series of earthquakes since Oct. 16.
The series of earthquake and aftershocks have been causing anxieties to the quake survivors.
The City Social Services Development Office (CSSDO) has collaborated with the Philippine Commission for the Urban Poor (PCUP) to conduct stress debriefing sessions to residents of Cotabato.
“Their recovery is a long process and we are praying for their recovery the fastest as possible. We coordinated with our Local Government Units for interventions,” said PCUP Commissioner Norman Baloro.
He said that the CSSDO and PCUP came up with a holistic approach on how to conduct the session in those areas.
The teams are composed of various volunteers groups that are currently undergoing training on holding stress debriefing sessions for Kidapawan City and the towns of Tulunan and Makilala in Cotabato on Nov. 8 and 9.
“We need stress debriefing because the quakes have traumatized them. Sometimes, they no longer know what to do when they experience another quake,” he said.
Baloro stressed that people need to be debriefed to regain their strength from the traumas they acquired from the earthquakes.
Residents in quake-affected areas also need psycho-social services to relieve them from all the stress that the quake caused. Their stress may result to emotional instability and severe anxieties if not debriefed.
The city government of Davao will continue to aid quake victims with the donations that the people provided for them.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market