The city government is conducting stress debriefing sessions to quake-affected families for them to cope with their traumas following the series of earthquakes since Oct. 16.
The series of earthquake and aftershocks have been causing anxieties to the quake survivors.
The City Social Services Development Office (CSSDO) has collaborated with the Philippine Commission for the Urban Poor (PCUP) to conduct stress debriefing sessions to residents of Cotabato.
“Their recovery is a long process and we are praying for their recovery the fastest as possible. We coordinated with our Local Government Units for interventions,” said PCUP Commissioner Norman Baloro.
He said that the CSSDO and PCUP came up with a holistic approach on how to conduct the session in those areas.
The teams are composed of various volunteers groups that are currently undergoing training on holding stress debriefing sessions for Kidapawan City and the towns of Tulunan and Makilala in Cotabato on Nov. 8 and 9.
“We need stress debriefing because the quakes have traumatized them. Sometimes, they no longer know what to do when they experience another quake,” he said.
Baloro stressed that people need to be debriefed to regain their strength from the traumas they acquired from the earthquakes.
Residents in quake-affected areas also need psycho-social services to relieve them from all the stress that the quake caused. Their stress may result to emotional instability and severe anxieties if not debriefed.
The city government of Davao will continue to aid quake victims with the donations that the people provided for them.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- As many as 27,000 booster shots can be administered daily: official
- Vaccination rollout for 5-11 age group pilot-tested in Manila first before DC
- 5 arrested in buy-bust, drug den raid
- Honda introduces its newest rough terrain bike
- Jarlo Bâse marks his major label debut with soulful, laid-back track “Kalapati”
- J-Pop queen Hikaru Utada delivers another pop masterpiece with eighth studio album, Bad Mode
- Concepcion backs DOLE’s call to private sector employers, but insists it should be voluntary
- WANDERLUST | Blue Lotus Hotel holds relaunch
- NPA regional committee in R-11 to be dismantled in next months