The Police Regional Office XI recorded P1.749 million worth of narcotics for the month October alone.
Brig. Gen. Filmore B. Escobal, regional police director, said the total haul is much higher compared to September when authorities seized P1,361,216 million worth of confiscated illegal drugs.
They confiscated 486 sachets of shabu and 24 packs of marijuana from buy-bust, anti-drug operations, serving of search and arrest warrants, and checkpoints.
Based on the report, for October, authorities arrested 171 suspects. Of the total, 110 came from the Davao City Police Office; 29 from Davao del Norte Police Provincial Office; 23 in Davao Oriental; and nine in Davao del Sur.
Nine suspects were killed during the same period as they allegedly tried to fight the police.
Among the highlights was the arrest of Aiveen Rey Lupo Alimpoos, 37, a resident of Km. 12, Barangay Sasa on Oct. 21 at about 2:21 p.m. The suspect yielded P1.1 million worth of shabu when stopped at the Task Force Davao checkpoint in Sirawan.
Upon passing through the said checkpoint, the suspect was caught throwing a small paper bag, which prompted the personnel to accost him. He tried to escape, but was arrested. The bag contained 17 sachets of suspected shabu.
“These accomplishments show the strong partnership and collaboration of the Region XI police, local government units, and the community to sustain a unified mission in eliminating illegal drugs in our region,” Escobal added.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JULY 22, 2021
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FASTLANES | Umang – the hermit crab
- BECOMING A DABAWENYO | Concerns about bicycle lanes
- FROM THE MAIL | Curbing Insurgency, a Duterte Legacy
- ROUGH CUTS | Signs of running scared?
- HIGH-VALUE TARGET | CTTMO worker caught in anti-drug entrapment
- 54-71-KM Davao bike lane network virtually launched
- Service disruptions on July 24 in different areas of Davao City
- RP bets in Olympic Village