The Police Regional Office XI recorded P1.749 million worth of narcotics for the month October alone.
Brig. Gen. Filmore B. Escobal, regional police director, said the total haul is much higher compared to September when authorities seized P1,361,216 million worth of confiscated illegal drugs.
They confiscated 486 sachets of shabu and 24 packs of marijuana from buy-bust, anti-drug operations, serving of search and arrest warrants, and checkpoints.
Based on the report, for October, authorities arrested 171 suspects. Of the total, 110 came from the Davao City Police Office; 29 from Davao del Norte Police Provincial Office; 23 in Davao Oriental; and nine in Davao del Sur.
Nine suspects were killed during the same period as they allegedly tried to fight the police.
Among the highlights was the arrest of Aiveen Rey Lupo Alimpoos, 37, a resident of Km. 12, Barangay Sasa on Oct. 21 at about 2:21 p.m. The suspect yielded P1.1 million worth of shabu when stopped at the Task Force Davao checkpoint in Sirawan.
Upon passing through the said checkpoint, the suspect was caught throwing a small paper bag, which prompted the personnel to accost him. He tried to escape, but was arrested. The bag contained 17 sachets of suspected shabu.
“These accomplishments show the strong partnership and collaboration of the Region XI police, local government units, and the community to sustain a unified mission in eliminating illegal drugs in our region,” Escobal added.
- Campaign highlights importance of supporting children, says WV
- Airline heeds call for faster vaccine rollout
- The mom, her 3 kids and the work that gave her more
- Mask for a Cause at Kultura
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- `E-sabong’ gets nod
- NO TO MIXING | Expert urges residents to register for jabs, warns vs vaccine mixing
- EastMinCom units rewarded with cash
- High infection rate indicates better approach vs virus, say
- 2 nabbed, P1-M in shabu seized