Police yesterday arrested a drug dealer who previously surrendered for the same offense in a buy-bust operation that netted P900,000 worth of shabu along Quimpo Boulevard, Barangay Matina Crossing, Talomo District.
Capt. Rosario Aguilar, the Davao City Police Office’s (DCPO) acting public information officer, identified the suspect as Reynante Felices Regis, 39, married, of Toril.
Aguilar said Regis previously surrendered to authorities when the administration started its anti-drug war. He was later included in the DCPO’s watch list of drug personalities.
Aguilar said agents of the DCPO’s Intelligence Branch, led by Lt. Col. Noel Asumen, conducted the operation after affirming that Regis continued his drug operation.
The drug trade was set outside Mandaue Foam, infront of SM City Davao, along Quimpo Boulevard by 3 p.m. yesterday.
Police seized from the suspect one jumbo pack sachet with 50 grams of shabu, two sachets containing 10 grams of shabu each, a cellphone and P500 bill. The seized drug amounted to P900,000.
The P24,000 marked money was also recovered.
The suspect is now detained at the DCPO’s Investigation and Detection Management Branch (IDMB) pending the filing of charges for violation of RA 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002).
- Exec: Davao light spending P1.85-B in capex in 2021
- Microsoft unveils immersive education solutions to inspire educators in reimagining learning experiences
- Damosa, IWG unveil franchise partnership
- EDITORIAL | The community press today
- STATEMENT | Ending violence and ensuring jobs and rights for Filipina OFWs
- City In Photos
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Automatic writing
- Philippine Media Statement On the Anti-Terrorism Act of 2020
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- City In Photos