Soldiers of the 71st Infantry Battalion helped a New People’s Army amazon who gave birth last week.
Lt. Col. Esteveyn Ducusin, the 71st IB commander, said alias Chang, a member of the Milisyang Bayan Cluster Committee, gave birth to a son at the Davao Regional Medical Hospital.
She was transported by the military to the medical facility for a safe delivery on the request of her sister, Karen.
Karen is also a wife of a former rebel who availed of the livelihood assistance given by the government.
On the other hand, Chang confessed to the Civil Military Operations team of the 71st IB that she has been trying to surrender for a long time. She claimed to have seen how her brother-in-law has been living a peaceful life with his family.
However, her husband, alias Jupiter, has stopped her from going down the mountains. She hopes that her husband will also surrender so their family will be complete again.
She named her son Cyrill.
“Let us continue look at the welfare of Chang and her baby,’’ Ducusin said.
Chang and her mother were thankful for the help they received during the delivery and stay at the hospital. The military shouldered the P12,000 expenses at the hospital, especially since they are not members of PhilHealth.
- MG Mall Of Asia joins MG Philippines’ Nationwide Dealership Network, and is the first MG Dealership to feature a unique MG “Carffé” Coffee Shop
- EGALITARIAN | Catching up with our neighbors
- CHEMICAL SPILL | Public warned vs. water activities at Davao River until declared safe
- Kadayawan 3D light show at City Hall starts on Aug. 5
- Ex-DA chief Piñol calls for NFA revival to promote PH banana
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Family album
- ROUGH CUTS | Our hat off the CHO
- SEC cancels Flying Bear’s lending license, registration
- City readies aid to quake victims
- LGU, DOH link to enhance campaign on family planning