Far from rehashing the hugot formula for her own gains, syd hartha sets a blueprint for young singer-songwriters to explore deeply personal and socially relevant themes in the face of troubling times. Her work threads a road less traveled by peers and contemporaries in the local music scene, navigating on narratives that are pulled straight from the headlines.
“It got to the point where I realized it’s time for me to step outside my comfort zone and make music with more power, something that speaks to a wider audience and can make an impact,” the eighteen-year-old folk artist takes a stand. “I’m given the opportunity to share my music and help raise awareness on important issues affecting the country. Since then, when something isn’t right or needs to be addressed, I knew I had to do the best I could about it, and I do it mostly through my music.”
syd continues to take charge of her own musical and lyrical direction with the release of her new single “paruparo” under Sony Music Philippines. With earthy, stripped-down arrangements that soar toward a climatic plane, syd sings about how the power of words or even the absence of it can change situations and affect lives.
“If everyone is aware of how we could use the freedom of expression that we all have correctly, conflicts would lessen and understanding each other would be easier,” says the outspoken singer-songwriter.
“paruparo is a song to remind everyone to practice being responsible with our words and considerate of how others could take it. I am a strong believer that there is always a right time to speak and that some words are better left unsaid.”
Recorded and produced by Brian Lotho and Not Vinzons in Sonic State Audio, “paruparo” features syd hartha on vocals and guitars, Raisa Racelis on bass, Pat Sarabia on drums, Bea Fabros on guitars, and Jason Gildore on percussions.
syd hartha’s brand new single is now available on all streaming and download platforms such as Spotify, Apple Music, iTunes, and Deezer.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission