Over 25,000 athletes, team officials, games workforce and volunteers of the 30th Southeast Asian Games will now be covered with insurance, with the Philippine Sports Commission sealing its partnership with Standard Insurance Co. Inc., on Tuesday.
PSC Chairman and Team Philippines Chef de Mission William Ramirez signed the Memorandum-of-Agreement with Standard Insurance Group Chairman Ernesto Echauz, in coordination with the Philippine Southeast Asian Games Organizing Committee.
“The successful hosting of the SEA Games also involves the security of our athletes and officials, in and out of the games. We thank Standard Insurance for offering their service not only to Team Philippines, but also to all the other delegates in this SEAG,” said Ramirez.
According to the agreement, coverage is from October 13 until December 15. This means competitions which start ahead of the official opening ceremonies such as football and water polo will also be part of the insurance coverage.
“Each covered person will have P300,000 insurance coverage. The declaration of covered persons shall come from PHISGOC,” said Echauz, who is also the president of the Philippine Sailing Association.
Standard Insurance will cover death or any accident related injuries, which is also extended to any sport related injuries such as training or in-game injuries. Sports injuries coming from sabotage and acts of terrorism is included in the policy coverage. “This is one benefit we wish no one needs to claim,” commented the sports chief during the signing rites.
The insurance firm tied-up with EMA-Global as its medical service provider.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market