fbpx Press "Enter" to skip to content

P4.2 million in financial aid to quake hit towns

The City Council approved on suspended rules Tuesday P4.2 million cash aid for victims of the Oct. 31 Magnitude 6.5 quake that hit several parts of Davao del Sur and North Cotabato.

Peace and public safety committee chair Maria Belen Acosta in a message sent to TIMES said the amount increased the initial proposal from P3.2 million to the present P4.2 million.

The City Disaster Risk and Reduction Management Office had earlier recommended the city provide aid of at least P3.2 million to the quake-stricken towns and cities.

Alfredo Baloran, CDRRMO head, in an interview yesterday at City Hall said they have conducted special council meeting to take up the additional assistance.

He said they have already identified the municipalities that will receive the additional financial assistance.

Last week, the city has given P1.5 million cash assistance to the five municipalities in Davao del Sur and North Cotabato.

According to a copy of the draft resolution and ordinance, the Provinces of Davao del Sur and Cotabato received P1 million each.

Kidapawan City and Digos City each received P500,000.

Meanwhile, the Municipalities of Matalam, M’lang, and Magpet; Province of Cotabato; and Hagonoy, Davao del Sur each received P300,000.

The amounts were based on the initial damage report of each local government unit, based on the Local Government Code.

The LGC also mandates the LGU declare a state of calamity.

Baloran said he would deliver the amount to the recipients after the city government approval.

The city, through the Task Force Davao has already delivered some 4,000 packs of relief goods to Makilala, North Cotabato. (Yas D. Ocampo and Rhoda Grace B. Saron)

Share this post:
error20
fb-share-icon20
Tweet 20
fb-share-icon20

WP Twitter Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
error

Enjoy this blog? Please spread the word :)

Facebook20
Instagram20
RSS