The City Council approved on suspended rules Tuesday P4.2 million cash aid for victims of the Oct. 31 Magnitude 6.5 quake that hit several parts of Davao del Sur and North Cotabato.
Peace and public safety committee chair Maria Belen Acosta in a message sent to TIMES said the amount increased the initial proposal from P3.2 million to the present P4.2 million.
The City Disaster Risk and Reduction Management Office had earlier recommended the city provide aid of at least P3.2 million to the quake-stricken towns and cities.
Alfredo Baloran, CDRRMO head, in an interview yesterday at City Hall said they have conducted special council meeting to take up the additional assistance.
He said they have already identified the municipalities that will receive the additional financial assistance.
Last week, the city has given P1.5 million cash assistance to the five municipalities in Davao del Sur and North Cotabato.
According to a copy of the draft resolution and ordinance, the Provinces of Davao del Sur and Cotabato received P1 million each.
Kidapawan City and Digos City each received P500,000.
Meanwhile, the Municipalities of Matalam, M’lang, and Magpet; Province of Cotabato; and Hagonoy, Davao del Sur each received P300,000.
The amounts were based on the initial damage report of each local government unit, based on the Local Government Code.
The LGC also mandates the LGU declare a state of calamity.
Baloran said he would deliver the amount to the recipients after the city government approval.
The city, through the Task Force Davao has already delivered some 4,000 packs of relief goods to Makilala, North Cotabato. (Yas D. Ocampo and Rhoda Grace B. Saron)
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat