A resident from Compostela Valley was arrested for a cracking a bomb joke inside a plane at the Davao International Airport Sunday morning.
Police Regional Director Brig. Gen. Filmore Escobal said the suspect, he only identified as Ramon, 40, is from Monkayo, Compostela Valley.
Investigation revealed that at 7:35 a.m. Sunday inside a PAL airplane, a lady flight crew (name not disclosed) was assisting a passenger stowing his hand carriage when she overheard a passenger asking another passenger on the content of his baggage.
“Kanang Bomba (it’s a bomb),” the flight crew overheard the suspect saying.
The lady crew member cautioned the suspect and the latter said it was just a joke.
The crew then reported the incident to her lead cabin crew who sought for police help.
The passenger was arrested and was disembarked from the plane.
Under the law, a person who makes bomb joke at the airport may be penalized with a fine of over P40,000 and/or a jail term of more than 5 years, depending on the court’s decision.
The arrested person is now at the custody of Sasa Police Station pending the filing of complaint for violating Presidential Decree 1727.
“Let this be a stern warning to everyone to refrain from uttering statements that may cause undue concern, alarm and panic,” Escobal said, adding that “bomb jokes” is strictly prohibited in public places.
- Exec: Davao light spending P1.85-B in capex in 2021
- Microsoft unveils immersive education solutions to inspire educators in reimagining learning experiences
- Damosa, IWG unveil franchise partnership
- EDITORIAL | The community press today
- STATEMENT | Ending violence and ensuring jobs and rights for Filipina OFWs
- City In Photos
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Automatic writing
- Philippine Media Statement On the Anti-Terrorism Act of 2020
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- City In Photos