A resident from Compostela Valley was arrested for a cracking a bomb joke inside a plane at the Davao International Airport Sunday morning.
Police Regional Director Brig. Gen. Filmore Escobal said the suspect, he only identified as Ramon, 40, is from Monkayo, Compostela Valley.
Investigation revealed that at 7:35 a.m. Sunday inside a PAL airplane, a lady flight crew (name not disclosed) was assisting a passenger stowing his hand carriage when she overheard a passenger asking another passenger on the content of his baggage.
“Kanang Bomba (it’s a bomb),” the flight crew overheard the suspect saying.
The lady crew member cautioned the suspect and the latter said it was just a joke.
The crew then reported the incident to her lead cabin crew who sought for police help.
The passenger was arrested and was disembarked from the plane.
Under the law, a person who makes bomb joke at the airport may be penalized with a fine of over P40,000 and/or a jail term of more than 5 years, depending on the court’s decision.
The arrested person is now at the custody of Sasa Police Station pending the filing of complaint for violating Presidential Decree 1727.
“Let this be a stern warning to everyone to refrain from uttering statements that may cause undue concern, alarm and panic,” Escobal said, adding that “bomb jokes” is strictly prohibited in public places.
- Composite teams named for COVID vaccination program
- Marawi, Lanao Sur MSMEs to benefit from Plant Tissue Lab
- READY FOR JABBING | Almost 100% of 2,300 DCPO members willing to be vaccinated
- Over 500,000 identified for the vaccination priority list
- PARADIGM SHIFT | Why Is the Organization of Islamic Cooperation Silent on China’s Treatment of Uyghur Muslims When the United States Alleges Genocide?
- PNIA primed to boost nickel sector
- Choice Mart is now on foodpanda
- Public urged: Watch out for entities using games, franchise programs
- BDO offers QR Code withdrawals from select ATMs
- Your next best roommate could be a plant