A resident from Compostela Valley was arrested for a cracking a bomb joke inside a plane at the Davao International Airport Sunday morning.
Police Regional Director Brig. Gen. Filmore Escobal said the suspect, he only identified as Ramon, 40, is from Monkayo, Compostela Valley.
Investigation revealed that at 7:35 a.m. Sunday inside a PAL airplane, a lady flight crew (name not disclosed) was assisting a passenger stowing his hand carriage when she overheard a passenger asking another passenger on the content of his baggage.
“Kanang Bomba (it’s a bomb),” the flight crew overheard the suspect saying.
The lady crew member cautioned the suspect and the latter said it was just a joke.
The crew then reported the incident to her lead cabin crew who sought for police help.
The passenger was arrested and was disembarked from the plane.
Under the law, a person who makes bomb joke at the airport may be penalized with a fine of over P40,000 and/or a jail term of more than 5 years, depending on the court’s decision.
The arrested person is now at the custody of Sasa Police Station pending the filing of complaint for violating Presidential Decree 1727.
“Let this be a stern warning to everyone to refrain from uttering statements that may cause undue concern, alarm and panic,” Escobal said, adding that “bomb jokes” is strictly prohibited in public places.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1